Dear Peter,

I do not understand the problem. There are two systems involved: heat and
electricity

At the system level P-out is thermal and refers to net heat. The calorimetry
determines P-out for heat.

P-in for the system, not for the calorimetry, is determined by the sum of
all the electrical inputs. The pump must be included as it is necessary.

There is nothing in the calorimetry loop which is used to determine *system
P-in*.

Yes the heat loop itself may have it own designation for P-in and P-out, but
that is not for the system; that is why I believe you could be conflating
the two issues.

Jones

From: Peter Gluck

Want I wanted to say- the pump is part of the cooling circuit to which the
heat produced is transferred. Has nothing to do with the heat produced.

peter