On 6 Jun 2011, at 20:39, Jed Rothwell wrote:

> Jouni Valkonen wrote:
>
>> But that has not been true at all and will not be true in the
>> future, because next demonstration will be 20.6. where Defkalion will
>> show E-Cat for Greek government . . .
>
> I assume you mean June 20, 2011.
>
> (Date formats are different everywhere! The Japanese format makes the most
> sense to me: Year + month + day.)

ISO_8601 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601) is a pretty useful format,
YYYYMMDD. Notably, the natural sort is also chronological. I suppose that the
US, MM/DD/YY is also sortable (for the same year), more usefully than the UK
DD/MM/YY. Still, I'm a started as a computer geek, so I tend to think IS-8601
before anything else :).

Joe