Francis wrote,

“You said it much better than I and we are almost on the same page even
though you suggest higher hydrogen pressure where I propose keeping the
powder under vacuum so the more active sites don’t self destruct from
ambient gases and can be employed under less pressure.”

Regarding ambient gases, they are not important; the demo for the Swedes
showed that at initiation of the reaction, the Rossi reactor can tolerate
latent air contamination at ambient pressure within the hydrogen envelope.

Next, Rossi has said that it is the high hydrogen pressure in his reactor
that is the key to its high productivity.

He also said that reducing that pressure will kill the reaction.

Hot high pressure hydrogen is the smoking gun for Rydberg matter.

High hydrogen pressure is the key to the formation of Rydberg matter. Rossi
has turned Rydberg matter production from a low pressure microscopic local
phenomenon into a high pressure global one expansive throughout the entire
hot hydrogen envelope.

Rydberg matter production and maintenance needs the high density and kinetic
energy inherent in a hot high pressure hydrogen envelope to first develop,
next to grow in terms of molecular sizes and higher quantum states, and
finally to maintain a very long life cycle.

It has been experimentally observed recently, ions will accumulate and stick
to bumpy surfaces on the metal powder as well as pack into sub-nano-meter
sized cavities.

Furthermore, the years long service life of the reaction vessel demonstrates
a lack of surface damage to the metal powder. This suggests to me that the
Rossi reaction can initiate in these accumulations of Rydberg matter on and
immediately around the tops of the nano-powder grain protrusions.

If the nuclear active sites were found exclusively in nano-holes, these
holes would be destroyed in short order.

The rigid surface produced by imbedding nano-powder baked into the walls of
his reaction vessel is a key feature in enabling the high reaction
productivity that manifests in his reactor.

The many high points at the tips of nano-powder grains imbedded in those
walls are where the nuclear action happens.

For 'would be' Rossi imitators that only heap nano-powder in a pile at the
bottom of their reaction vessel will see few nuclear active sites and low
productivity.

A old wives tail of past cold fusion development is that hydrogen absorption
triggers the cold fusion reaction.

If this were true, Rossi’s introduction of nano-powder would not be very
effective. But it is the high rigid surface area that nano-powder provides
that does the trick for Rossi.

Until the many Rossi imitators imbed their powders in the metal walls of
their reaction vessels, their efforts at the end of the day will be
frustrated and unsuccessful.