Joshua,

You may recall, I conjectured:

> ... how can this newly formed H2O gas be
> expected to be much above 100 C if it doesn't
> have a chance to hang around long enough to
> absorb additional heat energy.

...to which you replied:

> How can it not?

There lies the little pickle of a situation we find ourselves in.

Who's right?

I did my best to explain my perceptions on the matter. At present I
don't think my thoughts were so terribly flawed that I will need to
retract them - but we shall see.  Truth is, I'm not in a position to
prove your perceptions on the matter are incorrect. But then, nor are
you in a position to do likewise to me.

Under the circumstances it seems to me that a more practical approach
would be to watch Defkalion very closely. I hope you are doing so as
well. The burning question we all want to know is whether the products
Defkalion's claims they are developing will generate heat (energy)
cheaply. At present, I can't answer that, and neither can you. Few
can. On the surface it appears that Defkalion is forging ahead with
plans to roll out the first generation of products based on Rossi's
contested e-cats, possibly by the end of this year. I don't know if
Defkalion will meet such an ambitious self-imposed end-of-the-year
deadline or not. Quite frankly, it would not surprise me if it takes
them a tad longer.

In my view it is unlikely that Defkalion as a corporate organization
is working in isolation. I suspect there is a considerable amount of
feedback and peer review going on within various departments,
particularly the R&D and engineering sections. It seems logical for me
to assume that by this stage of the game had Defkalion encountered
something fundamentally wrong with the principal attributes of Rossi's
e-cats, the entire organization would have folded up by now. That
hasn't happened. Against all odds, it seems as if the exact opposite
is happening.

It's an interesting quandary I'm left to ponder. I can ponder the
ramifications of your view on the matter, a view which seems to imply
that all Cold Fusion claims (to the best of your knowledge) are bogus,
or I can ponder the actions of Defkalion. Why is it that Defkalion
seems to be forging... "full steam ahead", no pun intended. Such
actions seem to contradict in the most fundamental way your premise
that Defkalion is betting its existence, it's entire future on a bogus
technology, and tragically so. That's not the impression I get.

In any case, I hope you can at least appreciate why might want to
avail myself to a second opinion, and a third...

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks