This sounds like the heater is used only to bring the cell up to the
operating temperature to trigger the reaction. I think they said the method
of regulating the reaction is to vary gas pressure, rather than Rossi's
method of changing the auxiliary electric heater power.

There appear to be substantial differences between the way Defkalion
engineers the cells and controls them, and the way Rossi does.

- Jed

QUESTION

Defkalion GT,

In another thread you wrote, and I quote:

Defkalion GT wrote:
(there are no industrial secrets living in the electric heater or its role)

In light of this, would you please tell us what purpose the *two* electric
heaters serve in the e-Cat? From previous comments made by Rossi, I
understand that the first heater is a "primary" or "main" and the second a
"safety".

Regarding the primary heater, how is it that a heater can be used to *
control* the robust exothermic reaction in the e-Cat? If the primary heater
is disengaged, does this cause the reaction to cease in a rapid fashion?

And if this is correct, how can a second heater serve as a safety device? If
the reaction can be controlled or shut down by removing power from the first
heater, wouldn't engaging the second heater just re-start the reaction?
Under which circumstances would the safety heater be engaged or disengaged?

You can see how this may be confusing and appear contradictory - but the
answers may lie in what is meant by 'safety' in this instance. Can you
please explain the purpose and action of the safety heater - and who or what
is being kept safe from what potential harm or other eventuality?

Thank you in advance. Reasonable answers to these questions would be greatly
appreciated by myself, and others as well.

ANSWER

In a post
(viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54<http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54>)
we answered to one quiestion on our products functionality as follows:

*
Every kW Hyperion products is equiped with electronics and sensors that,
among other, monitor in "real time" the mass/sec and the temperature
difference (Delta) between output and input of the coolant in use (mass
calorimeter). If this Delta is beyond a pre-defined point at products
installation then:
If it is a singe reactor unit, the reactor stops
If it is a multi-reactor unit, then either some reactor(s) stop or all
reactors stop based to a performance balance algorithm within
safety/operational electronics.
So, to answer your question: If you "consume" the heat energy, then the
Hyperion continious to produce heat energy so you can achive max performance
at any time of the day. If you do not "consume", Hyperion turns off and then
on automaticaly.*

The electric heating system is part of the switching system of our products.
It is required to heat the reactor every time it is needed to be turned on,
as already explained also by A.Rossi and described in his patent
application. This switching mechanism is playing a significant role on the
functionality and safety of our products.

There is not any positive contribution from the electric heating system to
the performance ratio of our products.

Thank you for your question and your interest on our products.