--- On Fri, 7/22/11, Harry Veeder <hlvee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Harry Veeder <hlvee...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Vo]:Neutrons from Piezonuclear Reactions
> To: "vortex-l@eskimo.com" <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
> Date: Friday, July 22, 2011, 12:45 PM
> paper from Annales de la Fondation
> Louis de Broglie, Volume 34 no 2, 2009
>
> Neutrons from Piezonuclear Reactions
> http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-​342/aflb342m669.pdf
>
> ABSTRACT. We report the results obtained by cavitating
> water solutions
> of iron salts (Fe(Cl)3 and Fe(NO3)3) with different
> concentrations
> at different ultrasound powers. In all cases we detected a
> neutron radiation well higher than the background level.
> The neutron
> production is perfectly reproducible and can at some extent
> be controlled.
> These evidences for neutron emission generated by
> cavitation
> support some preliminary clues for the possibility of
> piezonuclear reactions
> (namely nuclear reactions induced by pressure and shock
> waves)
> obtained in the last ten years. We have been able for the
> first time to
> state some basic features of such a neutron emission
> induced by cavitation,
> namely: 1) a marked threshold behavior in power, energy
> and
> time; 2) its apparent occurring without a concomitant
> production of
> radiation.
> (They used passive neutron detectors made by BTI.)
>
> slide show presentation
> http://iccf15.frascati.enea.it/ICCF15-PRESENTATIONS/S6_O5_Carpinteri_Lacidogna.pdf

This is pretty interesting work. Do you have any idea why this guy used such
low concentrations of ferric compounds in the cavitation solution? He proposes
that that piezonuclear reactions may be responsible for converting iron to
aluminum in the earths crust. It seems to me that using higher concentrations
of iron compounds in the solution and letting the ultrasonic cavitation
continue for an extended time would give an opportunity to analyze for
aluminum.  The creation of aluminum in the solution would give a much more
convincing proof of the hypothesis than neutron detection.

M.