At 01:55 PM 9/14/2011, Mark Iverson-ZeroPoint wrote:
We know that the ‘Setting’ is referring to the duty cycle, but we do not know exactly what the relationship is… since 9 is the MAXimum setting, and Lewan states ‘power was at this point constantly switched on’, then a setting of ‘9’ is presumably a 100% duty cycle. (?)

Since the PLC’s are programmable, we cannot assume that a setting of ‘5’ is 50% or 60%; it could even be programmed to be 10% duty cycle. So no useful calculations OR conclusions can be made during this ramp-up phase.

Lewan did report that at setting "5" the "ON" and "OFF" times were equal.
So taking the duty cycle as PLC/9 is about as good as we can guess.