In fact, the questions aren't nonsense; they just need to be carefully posed to get sensible answers out of them in a universe where SR applies.

There is a "distinguished frame" for the universe: The rest frame of the three degree background radiation. There just is one inertial frame of reference in which that's isotropic -- in all other frames it's red shifted in one direction, blue shifted in the other. That frame is (presumably) the frame which is at rest relative to the primordial fireball.

Furthermore, if the universe is a compact manifold and "folds back on itself" -- such as the surface of a sphere -- then there is an intrinsic "rest frame" as well, which can be found by sending pulses of light simultaneously in opposite directions. If the universe is closed, and the light eventually comes back to the emitter, then there is just one inertial frame in which the two pulses will arrive back at the emitter simultaneously.

More obscurely, if the universe is closed, then the frame just mentioned is the one in which the Sagnac effect is null. All other frames are (in effect) /rotating/ (going 'round and 'round the universe).