On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Its max range on *batteries* *only* is 20 km, which is enough for most
> commuters to get to work, where they can plug in again, and then get home on
> the charge they got during the day, without using a drop of gas.  So you
> would only need to buy gas for those weekend excursions.

That might be true where you live; however, here in Atlanta, the
average commute is 33 miles one-way.

( http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89231809 )

My commute is 25 miles.  My parking lot would require a 200 ft
extension cord on average to find a 120 V outlet.

I am looking to trade my Scion xB for the new iQ which will increase
my mileage by about 30%.