Hey Jed,

I imagine a small local heater hidden directly behind or within a
thermister could have a thin layer of insulation protecting it from
the flowing water in the heat exchanger -- obviously the thermister
has wires going to it -- a wire carrying heater power could be added
--  the thermister reading could also be falsified by the external
circuits that it sends its signal too -- when the stakes are great,
mistakes can evolve
into cunning fakes
-- as you often point out, Rossi is hard to understand... something
this pragmatic skeptic and that honorable believer already agree on...

within mutual service,  Rich