On Oct 7, 2011, at 4:33 PM, Jouni Valkonen wrote:

horace, you have two flaws in reasoning. T3 is inlet water temperature. Not the temperature of output of primary circuit. You are correct, it should be the value what you thought it to be, but this is the main flaw in the test. This also means that we do not have any means to know what was the efficiency of heat exchanger, because we do not know how much heat went down the sink from open primary circuit. Primary circuit should have been closed.

I did not reference T3 in this regards, as far as I know. If you think I did in some relevant way please provide a quote of the material to which you refer. Here again are the quotes I think are important with regards to *measuring* the outflow of the primary circuit:

"18:57 Measured outflow of primary circuit in heat exchanger, supposedly condensed steam, to be 328 g in 360 seconds, giving a flow of 0.91 g/s. Temperature 23.8 °C."

"Measured outflow of primary circuit in heat exchanger, supposedly condensed steam, to be 345 g in 180 seconds, giving a flow of 1.92 g/ s. Temperature 23.2 °C."

The water coming out of the primary circuit should not be cooler than the cooling water going into the heat exchanger, but the difference may be just thermometer error. My point here is there is no wasted heat going down the drain if this is correct.

Second flaw in your reasoning is that it pointless to calculate COP from the beginning of the temporarily limited test. That is because initial heating took 18 MJ energy before anything was happening inside the core. Therefore COP bears absolutely no relevance for anything because after reactor was stabilized, it used only 500 mA electricity while outputting plenty. And self-sustaining did not show unstability. Even when they reduced the hydrogen pressure, E- Cat continued running for some 40 minutes.

This is not a flaw in reasoning. I have done many similar calculations and I typically like like Ein Eout and COP as final columns. COP is very meaningful, and helpful to quick interpretation, but you have to "wring out" the latent heat in the system at the end of the test. I have posted a test of mine where the COP ended at 1, and another where it ended significantly above 1.

You are making the unwarrented assumption above that the thermometry can be relied upon. I don't think it can. The thermometers were improperly located and no manual checks were provided, no calibration run.

Of course you can calculate the COP, and it has it's own interesting value, but it has zero relevance for commercial solutions, because E-Cat is mostly self-sustaining.

There is no evidence provided of that at this point.

Real long running COP should be something between 30 and 100, but we do not have no way of knowing how long frequency generator can sustain E-Cat. My guess is that it far longer than 4 hours, perhaps indefinitely.

Again, there is no evidence provided of that at this point.

But your calculations were absolutely brilliant.

Thanks, but they are just standard operating procedure for this kind of thing I think.

It was something that I wanted. It also confirmed my estimation of 100-150 MJ for total output, including 30 MJ of electricity. Although I did consider also something for the innefficiency of heat exchanger.

for Mats Lewan, I would like to ask did anyone measure the temperature of primary circuit after the heat exchanger? This would be very important bit of information.

I provided  quote of a couple of such measurements above.

  —Jouni

lauantai, 8. lokakuuta 2011 Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net> kirjoitti: > The following is in regard to the Rossi 7 Oct E-cat experiment as reported by NyTeknic here: