Joe Catania <zrosumg...@aol.com> wrote:

**
> With 40MJ of heat in the system it would be impossible for the temperature
> to drop suddenly. I heat a block of steel to 900C, then I stop heating it,
> and drop a gram of water on it. What's the temperature? 900C. Notice there
> was no precipitous drop.

Please see Newton's law of cooling:

https://www.math.duke.edu/education/ccp/materials/diffcalc/ozone/ozone1.html

The other point you are overlooking is the drop is monotonic, that is
"Varying in such a way that it either never decreases or never increases."
When heat is released from a system the way you describe, the temperature
can only drop. It NEVER NEVER RISES. That is a fundamental physical law.

Note also that this device was at 80 deg C, not 900 deg C.