On Oct 19, 2011, at 5:39 AM, peter.heck...@arcor.de wrote:

[snip]

Somebody has calculated, at 1MW the steam must go supersonic with this output tube.
Then, with 100 kW it must still go some 100 km/h.
[snip]

I got 803 km/hr, which is less than the speed of sound. You may want to check my calculations!

Using the photos here:

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3264361.ece

The  outside width of a standard container is 8 feet, or 2.44 meters

From the full photo of the back side:

The 8 feet = 129 pixels.

The red handle = 16 pixels = (16 px)*(2.44 m)/(129 px) = 30 cm, much larger than I would have thought.

In the closeup photo the handle is 94 px, giving (30 cm)/(94 px) = 0.319 cm/px.

The cap is 40 px, or 12.8 cm OD.

The exit pipe appears to have a 22 px OD, or 7 cm OD. Maybe the pipe is 6.5 cm ID, or 3.25 cm radius, giving an area pi*(3.25 cm)^2 = 33 cm^2.

The energy put into the steam depends on the temperature to which it is condensed before being fed back into the E-cat.

Assume the condensed water is being fed back at 100°C.

The energy to vaporize water at 100°C is 2260 J/g. If 1 MW is heating 100°C water then I estimate the flow has to be 442.5 gm/s, with a volumetric flow of 737.5 liters/sec. This gives a flow velocity of (737500 cm^3/s)/(33 cm^3)= 223 m/s in the pipe, or 803 km/ hr. This is below the speed of sound but over 6 times the recommended speed for the pipe size.

If I did the calculations right, then this indicates the device could blow up. If there are emergency steam relief valves on the devices the steam could be released inside the container.

Note, if water is fed back at 50°C I get only 675 liter/sec steam flow.

Related assessments can be found here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg51512.html

Best regards,

Horace Heffner