looking at heat transfer fluids. Glycole (http://goo.gl/haL10)

"""
Note! The specific heat capacity of ethylene glycol based water
solutions are less than the specific heat capacity of clean water. For
a heat transfer system with ethylene glycol the circulated volume must
be increased compared to a system with clean water.

In a 50% solution with operational temperatures above 36 oF the
specific heat capacity is decreased with approximately 20%. The
reduced heat capacity must be compensated by circulating more fluid.

"""