Many people accept  the concept of Casimir geometry achieving
peak activity in the range of low nanometers. The Casimir formula doesn't seem
to make this distinction although the force  under consideration in these
anomalies also includes the gas atoms upon which the Casimir force must
operate... that said is this assumption based on the amount of force that can
be brought to bear on the surface area of a gas atom?  I can see where the
ratio of Casimir plate area/ spacing to the atoms surface area would have an
optimum value for a static surface area of a hydrogen atom but I think Inverse
Rydberg Hydrogen would be an exception to this rule  where effective surface
area of the H atom is reduced and the ratio for Casimir geometry can therefore
also be further reduced. My pet theory would argue the atom's are actually
relativistic and locally the surface area remains unchanged but the atom exists
in a different , time dilated, inertial frame such that it appears
contracted... the Casimir ratio [plate area/spacing] is allowed to climb and
whether you believe the displacement of the atoms relative to the plates is
maintained thru true contraction or relativistic contraction doesn't matter
because either way Casimir force between the plates is allowed to increase...
even possibly to the point where separation is less than the atomic diameter of
normal hydrogen. If you eliminate the Ni-H reaction based on lack of radiation
there still exist other nuclear solutions to this mystery like Beta decays and
slow neutrons but I think the pendulum is finally swinging back toward ZPE as a
viable candidate. In the past the H1><H2 oscillation powered by ZPE has been
dismissed as too low in energy output to explain the amount of power generation
claimed. A relativistic interpretation of Casimir effect could explain a much
larger excess energy - an ultra catalyzer where a reversible reaction between
atomic and molecular hydrogen occurs more and more rapidly from our perspective
inverse to the local plate spacing.
Fran