As someone reminded on me on facebook all bodies radiate and the
radiation spectrum depends on the temperature of body as per the
blackbody model. However, I guess what I really had in mind was some
sort of nanoengineered material ( "metamaterial") which would glow in
the visible sprectrum at cooler temperatures instead of at 5000k. It
would be similar to phosphorescence.

harry