On Nov 8, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Daniel Rocha wrote:

That's the rest mass of the electron... So, any idea?

2011/11/8 Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com>
From Jeane Manning:

http://changingpower.net/articles/physicists-insights-on-greece-and- rossi%E2%80%99s-e-cat/#more-716

Her source says:

"It is known that the type of asserted reaction, namely Ni -Cu
transition, must release gamma photons in the 511 Kev range but this
was never actually measured."

0.511 MeV . . . now where have I seen that before?  ;-)

This is baloney. One of the early tests involved use a coincidence counter, a pair of gamma counters with coincidence circuitry, which picks up the gamma pairs from positron annihilations. None were observed above background. It was used up close to the reactor.

Here is a photo in which the pair of opposed coincidence counters can be seen:

http://www.ccemt.org/Energy%20Alternatives/cold_fusion/files/ rossi_cold_fusion_aparatus_scintillator_300.jpg

posted on this blog:

http://www.cce-mt.org/Energy%20Alternatives/cold_fusion/cold_fusion.html

regarding a February 2011 test. Part of the second counter can be seen protruding below the surface on which the E-cat rests.

Celani has observed some single (not positron annihilation) counts : "I brought my own gamma detector, a battery-operated 1.25″ NaI(Tl) with an energy range=25keV-2000keV. I measured some increase of counts near the reactor (about 50-100%) during operation, in an erratic (unstable) way, with respect to background." See:

http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2011/01/18/rossi-and-focardi-lenr- device-celani-report/

http://tin****yurl.com/4djya8

Best regards,

Horace Heffner