On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:32 PM, James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a plausible explanation for why the temperature at which reaction
> initiates in the E-Cat just happens to be so close to the boiling point of
> water?

We don't know the temperature of the core when the reaction is claimed to
initiate.

The apparent coincidence, as I've pointed out many times, is that somehow
the *claimed* power output is always just enough to vaporize all the input
water flow to within a per cent or two. This happens no matter the flow
rate or the ecat size.

Of course, it's not really a coincidence at all. The fact is that the
output temperature at the boiling point (with some steam), occurs over an
enormous power range. If P corresponds to the onset of boiling, then any
power between P and 8P will give the same observed temperatures. So it is
not all surprising that that's the temperature it operates at.