The October 28, 2011 test of the Rossi 1 MW LENR system was either a success or
a failure depending upon your point of view.  The skeptics have decided to
totally disregard the test results without allowing the ECAT any reasonable
chance of success.  What would you expect for them to do?  They see the glass
as half empty while the proponents of the ECAT see it as half full.  There is
no possibility for a resolution of this impasse without a large quantity of
data.
Mr. Rossi was expecting to dazzle us with his brilliant 1 MW ECAT system.  I am
afraid that Murphy of Murphy’s Law located his equipment and went to work.
Making one ECAT operate into a well defined load is not easy, but Rossi was
able to accomplish it well.  He probably tested a “zillion” of his ECATs into
the heat exchanger that we are all familiar with and got the results that he
desired.   The back pressure applied to the ECAT under test was controlled by
the plumbing to the degree that he needed to keep the unit under test from
blowing a gasket.  The operating temperature within Rossi’s device must not be
allowed to exceed the point of damage.
Then along comes the combination of 107 ECAT’s into 1 enormous, complicated
system.  Rossi most likely underestimated the difficulty of combining this many
units.  Even worse yet, he did not have control upon the output system demanded
by the customer.  The new output plumbing appears to have a large amount of
additional frictional loss for the vapor and condensed liquid as it travels to
the holding bins.  The elevated pressure facing Rossi’s individual ECATs could
have spelled doom for them at the expected 1 MW power level and he knew of this
problem.
It would be logical for Rossi to make an arrangement with the customer that did
not result in a dangerous operational condition.  Both of them would understand
the reason to throttle back the power level to the 470 kW output region.  Any
sensible customer would accept this arrangement since they are witness to a
historical demonstration.  The customer knows that he can adjust his loading
system later to keep the pressure head to a reasonable level once the system is
installed and verified.  It would be a no brainer to add an output pump that
directs the liquid water toward the storage bin while keeping the pressure near
atmospheric at the output to Rossi’s ECATs.
All the customer would need to witness is that the ECAT system vaporized the
water input and output dry steam at an approximately defined level.  This was
apparently what the customer engineer saw.  Who would doubt that water would
initially be collected within the water trap before the ECATs came up to power?
 The engineer would have a serious case of ignorance disease if he did not
verify that water was being trapped under the cold ECAT condition.  Give the
guy a little slack here.
After proving that water is indeed trapped with no power applied, the test was
begun and the data that we see was obtained.  Rossi knows perfectly well how
much water is required in order to produce 500 kW of output power in self
sustaining mode.  Do you question this?  He also knows that his ECAT 1 MW
system puts out approximately 500 kW without drive.
If you put two and two together at this point, you would see that it makes a
lot of sense to lower the input water flow rate to a level below the 500 kW
need so that the level of the water residing within the ECATs is slowly
dropping with time and only vapor exits the check valves.  How simple.  With
this arrangement, all Rossi and the engineer have to do is watch the water
collected within the liquid trap and keep emptying it until no more water
appears.  Everyone is happy except for our skeptic members.  All of the water
is vaporized so the power can be determined to be 470 kW.  There is not liquid
water being ejected by the ECATs.  The ECATs are capable of self sustaining
mode for hours due to the operation of a 3 core device with positive heat
feedback beyond what we saw in the 1 core test of October 6.
The only element that might be an issue is that the liquid level within the
ECATs could become too low at some lengthy point in time.  If this were to
become a problem, the water input flow rate could be raised to compensate.
There is no indication that this occurred during the test.
 So, I am dazzled by the demonstration of a 1 MW cold fusion heat device which
is an historic event.  The fizzle is only in the mind of those that will not
see through the fog of reality.  Do you honestly think that 470 kW is too low
of a power to witness for a cold fusion device?  What does it take to get your
attention?  Maybe we need to invite aliens to the show.