On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Marcello Vitale <mvit...@ucsbalum.net>wrote:

> not investing for two basic reasons
> - I have no money, hence I cannot benefit from your generous laying out of
> your life to protect the rich and stupid

Many people who contributed money now lost to the scams I named were
neither rich nor stupid.  They were bamboozled and flummoxed by clever if
somewhat standard methods.  Some were retail (Lee and Otto).  Others were
pretty wholesale-- they involved large stock deals (Sniffex).  Steorn
involved substantial investors some of whom contributed more than a million
Euros.  Yes they did not do due diligence.  Neither did the guys who set up
ecat.com.  They admit it in the NyTeknik article.  And they won't reveal
the nature of their contract with Rossi.  One of those people is a
qualified nuclear physicist, who of all people, should know better.

> - Daniele Passerini, whom I could go through to invest, has stated that
> Rossi refused to take money from willing investors

And Passerini gets his information from where?  Rossi of course.  For
release on his blog, of course.  I say again:  please support your position
that Rossi isn't taking money by naming one large company or investor who
has been turned down by Rossi and who has complained about it.  Maybe there
are some out there but so far we don't know about them.  I suspect he's
turning down orders (or putting them on backlog) for megawatt plants by the
drove but that's because I suspect they all require due diligence and
proper testing before money is handed over.  I will guess he says he has
too many orders already.