Hi,

Sofar I've been thinking that the fusion process of Nickel and Hydrogen itself is the important part that takes place in Rossi's reactor. However after reading some enlighting stuff at Robin's page about hydrinos ( http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Hydrinos_explained.html ) I think I know why Rossi's reactor works.

It seems to me it is a socalled two stage process.
First the hydrogen is reduced to extremely small hydrinos which can have a maximum level of 137 which in that case produce a total energy of 255207.264 eV or 255.207 keV. To speed up this process the mixture of hydrogen and catalyst, is brought in resonance, hence the RF generator.

Second the extremely small hydrinos need something to bind to, which in Rossi's case is 62Ni and results in 63Cu resulting in an additional energy release of 6.122 MeV

So it appears that Nickel is possibly easy to be replaced by any other element which likes to bond with a hydrino. Preferably with a material such as 62Ni or 64Ni, which generates no or extremely small amounts of radiation.

Kind regards,

MoB