OK, I have to repeat myself: Rossi was found wholly not guilty (no crime
was committed, is the sentence) by not one but three courts in Italy for
trafficking in toxic waste, with the last sentence in November 2004. The
more I look into it, the more it seems that somebody with good connections
had it in for him, moreover he became an easy scapegoat for professional
eco-politicians (the green party has imploded in Italy because taken over
by a series of ego-driven opportunists).

As I already said, Rossi found himself between a rock and a hard place with
the changing definition of "toxic waste" and very reduced (for lack of
final regulations which are always late in Italy) disposal opportunities.
Working it up was not any longer legal, and it was not legal transporting
it without a permit he did not have and would have taken years to obtain,
nor was it legal storing it without same permit, and so on. I would have
quit everything and moved to Australia, Rossi tried to fight it. That
really does show he has no business sense.

If you have no idea what it is like trying to do business in Italy, stop
talking about it