Craig Haynie <cchayniepub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What would be the advantage to Rossi if he provided a conclusive test?
>
> He's already sold 13 of these things and plans to deliver in them in 3
> months. If he really has orders backed up for these, then he could
> probably make a couple hundred million dollars by the time people
> realize that his device works. At that point, isn't there a good chance
> that his progress may be significantly stifled if some nuclear
> regulatory agency shuts him down? Before they tested his device and
> concluded that it was safe enough to build, might this not be a couple
> of years?

I believe that is what he is thinking. He has not described his strategy
quite this clearly, but he did say most of this. McKubre, I, and many
others feel this is what he thinks.

I have to grant, the plan seems to be working. 13 orders for $2 million
each is a lot of money. He gets that for 0% of the company. No interference
from venture capitalists. There is much to be said for a self-financing
operation.

If he gets enough cash he will have enough to write a good patent and fight
for it in court. I have heard the best patent you can write is worthless
unless you have millions of dollars to fight big corporations and others
who will try to rip it off. A patent is "a license to sue."

A large war chest of tens of millions might also let him buy enough
influence on Capital Hill to overrule the U.S.P.O. The only way you can
influence Uncle Sam is with cold hard cash.