Rossi doesn't behave very ethically or in a trustworthy way as a business
man either.

Plus he is not just a business man, he pretends to be an engineer and what
is selling is not a toy or a novel but a technical device to produce energy
and as so it has to obey the laws of nature.

My position is very simple.

If the e-cat would be available for open experimentation what Rossi does or
does not would not be relevant in terms of the science and tech of the
e-cat.

Maybe it would be still an interesting topic because people are also
interested in the life of scientists, inventors and technical people.
But at the moment we don't have an e-cat available so how Rossi behaves and
acts is relevant.
This can give clues on the validity of his claims.
And what I have seen so far seems the behavior of a scam artist and not
somebody that has in his hands one of the most important discoveries in
history.

Fermi was right when he asked "Where are they?" when he heard colleagues
arguing about the possibility of ET.

It is not logical for intelligent beings with interstellar travel
capabilities to come here and probe our anuses as their main motivation to
do so. It doesn't make sense.

Same thing with Rossi. His behavior is not logical for a real inventor or
even a serious businessman.

Can you mention another bona-fide invention in the history of modern
technology that has been marketed in a similar fashion ?
I cannot think of any.