On Nov 29, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Bastiaan Bergman wrote:

I like his theory, it may well be the process happening. Even if it
isn't entirely, it provides a good starting point for further
research. I also very much like his notion of other systems that may
show LENR processes already. Including failing Li-Ion batteries,
(natural) isotope fractionation and processes in ordinairy car
catalysts. After all if it's possible at low energy nature must
already know about it!

I don't understand his objection to "cold fusion". From a science
perspective, what he describes:
H or D + Metal going in ==> very detailed and particle physics sound
description of processes happening ==> Metal + He + E coming out.

Most experimental claims from cold fusioneers don't disagree with his
theory. "cold fusion" is just the abstract of the thing in the middle
of his reaction scheme.

I don't understand it from a business perspective either. What merit
is there in claiming that all cold-fusion experiments are wrong and
your theory is right?

If he plays it right he might end up with the Nobel price for
correctly describing cold fusion processes, which might have helped
experimentalists. He might do further research building onto the Rossi
device and making it better. If he plays it wrong, he will be the
theorist who knows it all but have nothing. Nobody cares about the
right theory for something that doesn't work, very few people care
about the right theory for something that does work.