This is a minor issue compared to the rest of the brouhaha, but I note that
Defkalion appears to be changing their tune regarding whether this is cold
fusion or something else. In their white paper released in June, they said:

"The field of energy research known as 'cold fusion' has positive and
negative connotations. It is also called LENR. Hundreds of man-years of
research have been committed to cold fusion, hoping to achieve the ultimate
energy dream: limitless energy. However, overall, a stigma has created
ambiguous feelings that the researchers aim to reach the end of the
rainbow. The science behind the products of Defkalion is not related to
cold fusion, even though it is identified as such in current media
coverage."

When I read that I thought: "Who are they trying to kid? Of course it is
cold fusion." I base that on what McKubre calls the conservation of
miracles. I assume they were trying to avoid the negative connotations of
cold fusion. Their statement is understandable . . . but lame. I regard
this as doubletalk. I agree with Jones Beene that it is annoying.

Now they say:

"Defkalion’s scientific R&D team have successfully managed to trigger and
monitor Chemically Assisted Low Energy Nuclear Reactions caused by Nickel
and Hydrogen nuclei. Following extensive experimentation on the
preparation, cleaning and degassing of Nickel clusters and atomic Hydrogen
systems, valuable knowledge has been gained. The data was obtained from
conventional, non-specifically designed for LENR instrumentation, such as
mass-spectrometer, gas-chromatographer, Wilson camera, SEM spectra and
others."

That's more like it.