“Einstein had objections to its implications and apparent incompleteness.
He was completely comfortable with how it was used to make successful
predictions.”

I mean “Einstein had trouble with it” in the following sense:

Einstein was very unhappy about this apparent randomness in nature that QM
implied. His views were summed up in his famous phrase, 'God does not play
dice'. He seemed to have felt that the uncertainty was only provisional:
but that there was an underlying reality, in which particles would have
well defined positions and speeds, and would evolve according to
deterministic laws, in the spirit of Laplace. This reality might be known
to God, but the quantum nature of light would prevent us seeing it, except
through a glass darkly.

Einstein's view was what would now be called, a hidden variable theory.
Hidden variable theories might seem to be the most obvious way to
incorporate the Uncertainty Principle into physics. They form the basis of
the mental picture of the universe, held by many scientists, and almost all
philosophers of science. But these hidden variable theories are wrong.

The British physicist, John Bell, who died recently, devised an
experimental test that would distinguish hidden variable theories. When the
experiment was carried out carefully, the results were inconsistent with
hidden variables. Thus it seems that even God is bound by the Uncertainty
Principle, and cannot know both the position, and the speed, of a particle.
So God does play dice with the universe. All the evidence points to God
being an inveterate gambler, who always throws the dice.

“QM is the most predictive theory over the widest range of dimensions in
history. It has certain odd implications, but in its simple application as
tool to predict the outcome of experiments, it is perfectly well understood
and completely unambiguous, even if statistical in nature.”

How do you explain all the brouhaha over “spooky action at a
distance”(a.k.a non-locality)

This implies infinite parallel universes and tells you that you are just a
3D hologram projected from information laying on the 2D surface of the edge
of the universe.

String theory requires non-locality as per the pilot wave quantum theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle.

A detailed QM study of LENR might resolve some of these theories and is
worth the effort on this account alone.

“Investigation of entanglement keeps a lot of people fascinated. That's
true. But that doesn't make the theory less useful.”

It is my contention that LENR requires non locality and entanglement to
explain the lack of radioactive by-products derived from the reaction.

“Not sure what you're referring to here. Surely not the heisenberg and
schrodinger formulations, since they have been shown to be mathematically
equivalent. And if you're referring to more philosophical interpretations
like the Copenhagen interpretation, it's important to understand that these
are more for peace of mind. In the applications of the theory to
interactions, the predictions are not ambiguous.”

I am referring to the pilot wave theory that will explain a lot of what is
going on in LENR.

“That's nonsense. Everything around us depends on QM, and most people
accept everything around us. People won't accept LENR because the evidence
sucks. Light a match and they'll agree there's heat. Plug in an ecat, and
wait 2 hours for a cup of tea, and no one's gonna think it's a big deal.”

IMHO in terms of QM, evidence of transmutation has been conclusively
demonstrated in LENR(via Miley and Arata). For me transmutation and cold
fusion is synonymous. If there is transmutation, there is cold fusion.
Excess heat is just a red herring.