I've gone thru just about all of Volume 1 of Santilli's 'Il Grande Grido'...
all 450+ pages.  Quite interesting... it is a collection of all the
correspondence between Santilli and various universities, nat'l labs, and
scientists, from ~1977 to '83. Thankfully, not many equations!  :-)

Santilli is basically saying that there is no real evidence that quarks are
point-particles.  Quarks are the subatomic 'particles' which make up hadrons
which are 'composite' particles (e.g., protons and neutrons).  His work on
applying Lie-admissible algebras to the internal structure of hadrons was at
first considered 'epoch-making'... but his escalating efforts to try to get
the hadron theoretical community to take it seriously began to rub people
the wrong way and he became an outcast.  He then established the "Hadronic
Journal" to allow physicists, mathematicians and other scientists an outlet
for their work on hadrons.

According to him, his and others' theoretical work regarding the
applicability of Special Relativity, Pauli Exclusion and Heisenberg's
uncertainty, which are applied and have considerable empirical support for
electromagnetic forces, have little or no unambiguous evidence that they can
be applied to the strong force (within hadrons).  In addition, apparently,
several mathematicians have proven that there are some serious problems when
trying to apply those laws to structures inside of hadrons.

Fran and Jones:
FYI, I believe I also read in one of the letters that these problems also
apply to the Casimir force...

What's interesting here is that *IF* the testing of his hadronic reactor
(which started this thread thanks to Harry Veeder) is accurate, and two
independent labs apparently confirmed what Santilli was expecting, then he
may have not only proved that his theoretical model for hadrons is more
accurate, but also achieved the equivalent of LENR.  In which case, Rossi
and all other LENR researchers are working with an inferior model of the
nucleus!

Geez, just when you thought times couldn't get any more interesting...

-Mark