On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 12:33 -0800, Bill Traweek wrote:
> I notice that on slide 11 they used a Hydrogen purification system as
> a proxy for P&F's electrolytic cell.  I also notice that
> the Palladium membrane is heated with a heater.  I wonder if Rossi's
> heater is for a related purpose to the process.
> http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/sensors/PhySen/docs/LENR_at_GRC_2011.pdf

This message you posted to Vortex has a 'reply-to' field to you, and not
to Vortex. Other responses may not have come to the list.

I haven't heard of a hydrogen purifier being used before. From the
description, it appears as if the purifier is simply a substitute for a
palladium electrolytic cell, meaning that as a consequence of purifying
hydrogen or deuterium with this purifier, you end up with a loaded
palladium lattice. They then add deuterium gas at high pressure, and
subsequently see the Pons-Fleishmann effect.

McKubre noted back in the 90s that the Pons-Fleishmann effect can be
directly correlated to the degree to which the palladium lattice is
loaded.

"Compared to hydrogen gas as the experimental control: 15°C increase in
purifier temperature consistently seen with D2 that was not seen with
the H2 control when gasses were unloaded from the purifier."

Craig