In my qualitative model, I see the vacuum of space being a polarizable
medium which is under tremendous pressure, and with very little viscosity.
This PhysOrg article says scientists have lowered the 'lower bound' for the
viscosity of the perfect fluid made up of the quark-gluon plasmas
encountered in high energy particle accelerator collisions.  Could that also
apply to the 'viscosity' of the vacuum??? Time will tell, but I'll bet it
does.

   http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-liquid-.html

"The physicists at Vienna UT found a way to include this anisotropy in their
equations - and surprisingly the limit for the viscosity can be broken in
this new model. "The viscosity depends on several other physical parameters,
but it can be lower than the number previously considered to be the absolute
lower bound", Dominik Steineder explains. The on-going
quark-gluon-experiments at CERN will provide opportunities for testing the
new theoretical predictions."

Abstract here:

   http://prl.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v108/i2/e021601

-Mark