Von: icbl...@kpnmail.nl [mailto:icbl...@kpnmail.nl]
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Januar 2012 15:43
Betreff: ICBL Message

Dear Colleagues,

on behalf of the ICBL Board, let me first wish all of you a healthy and
successful New Year as per the attached card.

It gives me great pleasure to tell you about the next international
symposium on ball lightning. ISBL-12 is now scheduled for 13-15 June this
year at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, USA, with Prof. Karl D.
Stephan as chair and local organizer. The ISBL-12 website is in preparation,
and the First Call for Papers is due to reach you shortly.

The Proceedings of ISBL/UP-08 at Kaliningrad, Russia in 2008 have now
appeared in print as Volume 3 of the International Journal of Unconventional
Electromagnetics and Plasmas (J-UEP). Copies are underway to me from General
Research Publications in New Delhi, India. Next in line is Volume 4 with the
Proceedings of ISBL/UP-10 held at Kaliningrad in 2010. The scope and quality
of its papers impress and encourage me. The price per volume is listed as
Rs. 2000 (India) and US$ 150 (foreign) in my copies of Volume 1 and 2. They
come from:

         GRP Global Research Publications,
         4800/24, 1st Floor, Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi-110002 India
         Phone: 23245225, fax: 91-11-23272135, E-mail:grpin...@vsnl.net

Sadly I must communicate word from V.L. Bychkov that our colleagues Anatoly
A. Novikov and Sergey E. Emelin have passed away. Dr. Emelin's BL research
is on record in several J-UEP Vol-umes. Vividly I remember his hands-on
fireball generation demo at St. Petersburg State Univer-sity. At ISBL/UP-08
in Kaliningrad Prof. Novikov handed me his admirable monograph Genera-tor of
long-living plasma formations (Vinnytsia 2008). He did not return from a
vacation trip into Siberia. May both rest in peace.

Russian YouTube shows a video film of airborne BL lasting 40+ seconds during
thunderstorm at:

<http://rutube.ru/tracks/3787124.html?v=f37c6f3d5dd780052a6bca48c0825685>
http://rutube.ru/tracks/3787124.html?v=f37c6f3d5dd780052a6bca48c0825685

This event happened after a period of high heat in 2010 in town Dolgoprudny
near Moscow. In strong winds the BL remained stable. Thank you Andrey
Shchedrin and Anatoly Nikitin for communicating this valuable image
material.

Meanwhile I hope to see many of you at our next symposium in San Marcos in
Texas, USA.
With greetings and best wishes, sincerely,

Dr. Geert Dijkhuis
ICBL President