David:

Who knows what Rossi is using for the heating elements! J  Things change on a
weekly basis with him…

IIRC, earlier last year, Rossi said they used a “Programmable Lighting
Controller”… PLC.  However, that acronym has different meanings; to most in the
USA, PLC stands for “Programmable LOGIC/LADDER Controller”.  There was a lot of
discussion on this very topic within the Collective the first half of 2011, so
you might want to do a Search for articles using various keywords (PLC,
‘resistive element’, ‘band heater’.  We covered many different ideas, including
using one of the heating elements to form an E-field within the core… passing a
current between the two heating elements… we can get pretty creative!! J

Here are some link to Threads which cover the topic…. But be sure to scan
entire posting as some of the relevant info is further down in the posting, in
sections being referenced…

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg51041.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg49522.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg46416.html