From: fznidarsic <fznidar...@aol.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 5, 2012 9:21 pm
Subject: [Vo]:read Stanton Friedman's "Flying Saucers and Science"

read Stanton Friedman's "Flying Saucers and Science"

I would say that Stanton is much more of an advocate John Alexander.
Considering the subject material,
I am much more skeptical than Stanton.  I like Johns Alexander's more balanced
stance.

Stanton comments about our friend Robert Park,  "they are almost completely
ignorant of scientific publications about
flying saucers."  He beats up Robert Park in chapter called "Dr. Park
Deception" "He (Dr. Park) makes sure he lets us know
how smart he is compared to an average Joe."  and more...Jed likes Dr. Park
more than Stanton does.

I don't know, Park, may have some good points as it goes Extraordinary Claims
Require Extraordinary Evidence.  I believe that
 the best evidence to date is marginal.

Stanton does a chapter on nuclear propulsion, which he worked on in the 1950's.
 I had no clue how far along this technology was.  If we would
have continued we may have had probes at the nearest stars by now.  Then again
we may have had another nuclear mess.
I liked the idea of ejecting fast neutrons as a propellant.  They go at 10% the
speed of light and may have produced a measurable continuous
thrust for some time.  The goal is one g of thrust for one year, that would get
us out there.  Shielding was a problem with nuclear reactors in space
 and, perhaps, the shielding effect of cold fusion may now offer a solution, I
don't know.

I read the book on my just now purchased Kindle Fire for $200.  Its cool, it
works to read a book with limited pictures and graphs,  send
email, and can curse the interest through a WI-FI link, however, I like the big
screen and a keyboard.  I does not take pictures, accept a mike, or
do Skype.  Just imagine how bad my grammar would have been if I pecked out this
e-mail on my Kindle Fire.

Frank Z