It is curious how strongly people believe unbreakability of speed of light
barrier for the *information*.

1) There is not a single empirical evidence that would require this
fundamental speed limit for information, but it is taken as a priori. This
does the philosophy of science backwards, where apriorism (i.e.
metaphysics) triumphs empiricism (i.e. science).

2) Einstein did not invent relativity but it was Lorentz, so credits goes
for the wrong person.

3) E=mc² does not need Einstein's special relativity, but it can be derived
in Lorentz's relativity.

4) Unlike Lorentz theory of relativity, special relativity cannot explain
orbital motion, because GPS satellites can synchronize the clocks with non
moving frame of reference on Earth. I.e. moving satellite can measure their
own time dilation in real time in respect of non moving Earth (this is
strictly forbidden in the framework of Special Relativity, but necessity
for the Lorentz Relativity).

5) In practice relativistic quantum theory does use Lorentz theory of
relativity and not Einstein's. When the observers frame of reference is
fixed, Lorentz Relativity and Special Relativity are mathematically
identical and all our observations are made from fixed frame of reference,
therefore it is impossible to empirically distinguish SR from LR.

6) General relativity is also ether theory, where motion is described in
absolute terms in respect of ether (i.e. local gravity field). Hence it is
more a kin to Lorentz Relativity than Special Relativity.

7) Quantum theory suggests implicitly non local actions.

 * * *

Neutrino finding was itself very improbable observation, because neutrinos
cannot exceed light barrier, because they are losing their energy in pair
emissions due to bremsstrahlung. Therefore Horace
Heffner's exotic hypothesis on neutrino teleporting due to virtual
particles was only plausible explanation that I have seen for the speed
anomaly. This bremsstrahlung of electron-positron pair has nothing to do
with speed of light as a metaphysical barrier, but it is very practical
limit for neutrino speeds.

It is too bad if it does not succeed replication, because it would open up
so many vistas for science fiction literature, because it would be trivial
to construct FTL space crafts in the framework of Lorentz Relativity!
Neutrino speed anomaly would falsify categorically Special Relativity and
would verify Lorentz relativity.

However, I will still wait for the MINOS results later on this year. They
observed already once violation of speed of light barrier, and I hope that
they can do it second time and this time more accurately.

   —Jouni