I have a GE refrigerator side by side purchased in 2002.  It costs $1000 at
that time new.  It stopped cooling.  I cleaned the condenser in the back rear
of the cabinet.  It started making ice again.  The temp in the freezer runs at
+10F.  Its 50F in the cooler section.  The compressor is running quietly,
however, it never shuts off.  The output high pressure pipe is warm to the
touch.  Its not to hot to hold it.  The drip pan coils are room temp.

It has at least two thermocouples.  The evaporator is not iced up.

Is it OK?.  What is the most likely problem? Compressor replacement is $600.
Could a compressor go bad?  Any ideas on things to try?

Frank Znidarsic