I find your attempt to equate Darwin with Newton rather amusing.

If there ever was a field of pseudoscience, that is beholden to and extremely
malleable to political pressure; it is the field that Darwin created with his
swiss-cheese theory.

While Newton created whole fields of legitimate science, Darwin and his
"science" of Darwinism, neo-Darwinism and Darwinian Evolution is a
quintessential example of how a legiitimate field of study has been turned into
a mockery of political conformance.

My beef is not with Darwin, but with how people turned the science of Darwin
into a religion of humanism.

Whenever someone proposes a theory, many times they come up with a proposition
on how to falsily their theory.

Well, Darwin came up with how to falsify his theory of Darwinian Evolution.
Here is what he said about his theory and how to falsify it.

"If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not
possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my
theory would absolutely break down. But I can find out no such case."

Well, centuries after Darwin, other people have indeed found an organ that
could not  possibly have been formed by numerous, successive slight
modifications.  The bacterial flagellum is one. The "organ" composing every
other organ you have - the cell is another.  And that organ you're using to
read this post is another.  There must be dozens, even hundreds of organs,
processes, systems in your body that could not have been formed by numerous,
successive slight modifications.

By this criteria, Darwinian Evolution is FALSIFIED, and yet, anyone who
questions Darwinian Evolution is automatically involved with "pseudo-science"
and is labelled a pseudoscientist.  Just as Cold Fusion is automatically
labeled a pseudoscience.

So my point is:  If you are wondering why people like Huzienga, Parks,
Zimmerman oppose Cold Fusion out of hand, just remember that if you believe in
Darwinian Evolution, there is a Huzienga, Parks and Zimmerman in you.

(I'll be docking away from your shots now.)

Jojo

  I hate to think what would have become of Newton or Darwin had they not been
among the relatively independent British middle (yeoman) class.