Hi Vortex,

I was wondering what might be the best way to try transmuting bismuth into radioactive polonium. I was thinking something along the lines of taking some bismuth powder, loading it with pressurised deuterium or hydrogen gas that had been sparked with a spark plug for a while.. any chance that some of it might turn into polonium? Maybe mix some carbon dust in there too in case that helps.

Basically my thinking is that while calorimetry is tricky when dealing with low amounts of excess heat, it might be much easier to measure the presence of even tiny amounts of radioactivity. What do you think?

Cheers,
Rob