OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson <orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:

> For me personally, as I was "flipping" through the pages of this "digital"
> publication on my monitor screen I began to realize how ridiculous this
> contrived use of technology was being used for. It was being used in such a
> half-assed way. There is absolutely no valid reason to try to continue
> mimicking the illusion of flipping through individual pages on a monitor
> screen -

Some of the early word processors imitated a typewriter, only allowing you
to add text at the bottom. You had to scroll down the page to make
corrections.

New technology usually imitates the old, even when it would be easier not
to. Early clay baskets were often made to look as if they were woven, which
must have taken a lot of work. I discussed this in Chapter 7 of my book.

In that same chapter I discussed Christensen's book, which I highly
recommend. I have been in contact with Prof. C. from time to time about
cold fusion.