In a Mike McKubre presentation at SRI a year or so ago he described a
series of experiments in P-D where they measured and correlated Helium
production with excess heat and (if I recall correctly) got a result very
close to the expected heat release from D-D=>He and He concentrations that
increased to far above atmospheric partial pressure of He, also very little
Tritium (hot D-D fusion normally produces a lot of Tritium).  To me (and
Mike) this is pretty solid proof that Pons Fleischman is mostly D-D => He
and any other reactions are mostly incidental.  Sorry I can't remember
where in this lecture the relevant info is.

What Happened to Cold Fusion? (eight parts, total: 102 min)
=======================
SRI Mike McKubre's Presentation at Cafe Scientifique Silicon Valley (1/8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtweR_qGHEc

Major Segments (2/8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeikEgjC1qg

Department of Energy Reference (3/8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqeA8n37XFg

Necessary but Not Sufficient Conditions (4/8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_XN52jXl78

Gas-Loading Experiments (5/8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZfgvSFYDM

Experiments by Italian Scientists (6/8)