Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

Some recent developments in academic publishing are encouraging.  As people
> know, the UK is considering a bill that will require that journal articles
> reporting on government-funded research be provided to the public free of
> charge not long after they have been published.

This is excellent news.

> The Economist provides a nice report on the UK bill:
>
> http://www.economist.com/node/21559317?fsrc=scn/tw/te/mt/broughttobook

Good article.

This will eventually put LENR-CANR.org out of business, which is fine with
me. I would be even more pleased if the entire mass media begins covering
cold fusion and that puts me out of business.

The librarians at U. Utah and various universities are campaigning for
this. I have been in touch with the librarians at U. Utah. I had lunch with
them and spent a day looking at their cold fusion collection. (One day is
not enough to go through the whole collection.) I told them they should put
the collection on line as a first step to encourage others to do this. They
say they cannot, because of copyright restrictions. A large chunk of their
papers came from Charles Beaudette. He donated many of the same books and
proceedings that I have, such as the ICCF series and Fusion Facts. I
subsequently persuaded Ikegami and others to let me put most of the
proceedings on line. U. Utah also has many boxes of correspondence from
people like Fritz Will. That is interesting for a historian, but it has
little scientific value.