I agree Jed, way too many possible things to go wrong.  If this works as 
expected I will be quite impressed with the design team.

Now, according to the quantum cat analogy, is the rover dead before we can 
measure it since it takes so long for us to receive that measurement?  Perhaps 
it is in a state of junk and safely landed at the same time until we get the 
status.

I guess another way to look at this situation is to allow the entropy to 
increase for the rover system.  In this case there are many ways for it to be 
destroyed but only a few where it survives and functions.  This process would 
assume that things do not turn out very well for the mission.

Excuse my poor sense of humor,

Dave   


-----Original Message-----
From: Jed Rothwell <[email protected]>
To: vortex-l <[email protected]>
Sent: Tue, Jul 31, 2012 8:31 pm
Subject: [Vo]:"Curiosity" Rube Goldberg machine on Mars


See:



http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html


If this works it will be a miracle. Or at least, it will prove that robotics 
are more advanced that I imagined.


- Jed


 

Reply via email to