Thanks for the welcome. Comments inline ...

[mg]

On Sunday, August 5, 2012, Eric Walker wrote:

> Le Aug 5, 2012 à 12:21 PM, Mark Gibbs <mgi...@gibbs.com <javascript:;>> a
> écrit :
>
> > Re-read that sentence ... carefully, this time.
> >
> > [Mark Gibbs]
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Good to see you on this list.  Your articles have been the subject of
> several extended threads and of no small amount of controversy.  But I
> think people like a diversity of views here.
>
> One question I had about the recent article was the inclusion of NanoSpire
> in the list.  I know next to nothing about their technology, although the
> one description I have read of some of the theory behind it seemed
> fanciful.  Perhaps it is legitimate technology that will stand the test of
> time, but nonetheless I would have hesitated to mention it in an article as
> a LENR-related company without doing a great deal of vetting.  Can you
> comment on what you know about them?

All I know about their technology is that I don't understand much of the
'theory' behind it and the comments I've read on various blogs including my
own - most of which have been very and surprisingly positive - seem a
little over the top (the process is supposed to generate a whole range of
valuable elements and if the hype is to be believed, that probably includes
unicorns as well). Nanospire makes claims of fusion being involved and as
they are the most vIsible of the less well known players I thought they
were worth including ... Your mileage, etc.

[mg]