My take on it:

It more resembles the type of inertial and magnetic confinement that a
reaction like this probably requires to minimize secondary fission and
fusion reactions with surrounding environment as well as EMF containment.
 Similar to what Miley is investigating with NASA with aneutronic fusion
(if that is what it is really for...)

Instead of a spark plug to create charged particles he mentions a low level
scinitillation source.  Once the "reaction" gets going it creates PLENTY of
its own ions/scintillation/charged particles.  Not a bad idea, sort of like
in your smoke detector at home.  No more eating up of spark plugs like DGT
is dealing with and probably the Rohner Bros.

It has the necessary ingredients of: charged particles, confinement,
magnetic alignment, not sure but probably some compression of the gasses.

The Patent  mentions "high level magnetic field and consequently strong
gravitational field forces" for the "Plasma Reaction" concentrated at the
core.

My take on that is the magnetic alignment of the charged ions makes the
ions more susceptible to collapse from the strong local forces of quantum
gravity.

The collapsed matter at the core than instantly evaporates by way of
Hawking evaporation releasing a full spectrum of low energy
radiation/charged particles.  These charged particles contain photons
creating light and lots of other quantum goo, mostly absorbed in the
surrounding containment wall material and showing up as heat.  Some may
pass right thru the walls.  You can also collect charged particles with a
containment coil like Papp, which is probably safer.

I believe that there is probably an energy output level above which the EMR
flux given off reaches unhealthy and/or deadly levels.  Best to keep the
gremlins small and don't feed them to much (and let them evaporate) and
shield/collect all of the charged particles.

"Its just gravity"

Stewart
http://wp.me/p26aeb-4