Wolf Fischer <wolffisc...@gmx.de> wrote:

Out of curiosity: Has there ever been a scam in which a safety certificate
> from a big and independent organization has been granted?

Interesting question.

I do not know much about scams. I do not have a comprehensive database of
them. Perhaps such a thing exists on the Internet. But anyway, most of the
ones I have read about did not involve any actual equipment. The machines
are just a rumor, a blurred photo, or a blueprint that the scammer offers
to sell people. There was nothing to certify, so it is not as if a
government expert was brought in and somehow bamboozled. I doubt that could
happen.

Many people say there have been scams involving cold fusion. I do not know
of any, and I would probably have heard. I have been approached by 2 or 3
people who found me because of my connection with cold fusion, who I
thought were either scammers or delusional. They wanted me to pay money to
have a look at a secret machine. These were magic magnet machines, nothing
to do with cold fusion.

I offered one of them $10,000 C.O.D. for a machine delivered to me and
demonstrated on the premises. I never heard from him again. I did not
expect to hear from him again.

Along the same lines, I have also never heard of a scam that might fool
experts such as E&K. Every scam I know of would be instantly found out by
someone of that caliber. I mean they would take one look inside and
instantly see how it actually worked. It would be like trying to persuade
an auto mechanic than an ordinary gasoline motor was actually an electric
motor, or like trying to persuade me that a sentence written in Korean was
actually in Japanese.

Abd has sometimes claimed that academic experimental scientists are
pushovers. They are easily fooled because they are not conditioned to look
for hidden tricks. I doubt it, but one thing is for sure: experimental
scientists know as much about ordinary electrical components as any
electrician or mechanic does. Someone like E&K, Storms, McKubre, Duncan or
Miles can glance at any ordinary machine or experiment and tell you what
every component is and what it does. These people are, in effect, glorified
hands-on mechanics with decades of experience. They have spent these
decades mainly finding experimental errors, which are far more subtle and
difficult to locate than any trick that a scammer might come up with. No
one plays tricks better than Mother Nature.

It is not as if Rossi was showing his machine to an insurance salesman or a
mass media pundit who has never heard of the difference between AC and DC
power.