ChemE Stewart <cheme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They really need your robots for washing Jed.

I am pretty sure they will use robots! I can't imagine anyone planning a
project of this nature in 2012 without robots.

> Otherwise I was guessing about 50 tractors/fuel required full time to keep
> them all washed each month not to mention where you are going to get all
> the water

It takes 0.03 gallons of water per kilowatt-hour. Most of that is for
cleaning the mirrors. That is a lot less than other generator types (solar
and conventional). See the PDF document:

"Low Water Use: BrightSource’s solar tower technology uses up to 95% less
water than competing wet cooled solar thermal plants by employing a
dry-cooling process, which uses air instead of water to condense steam. The
steam production cycle is a closed loop system, with all water recycled
back into the system, while general conservation measures help to further
reduce water usage. The water consumed on the project is for  cleaning the
mirrors, much like a PV plant of similar size."