Hi Arnaud,

     Yes, I did try two other electrolytes;  Boric Acid (H3BO3) was one,
and Potassium Hydroxide (KOH). Mills was a proponent of the KOH and nickel
and his shrunken hydrogen theory (the hydrino concept) was interesting.
He put some work into, but I could never get it to work.  The metals just
stayed cold and after several days, I gave up on that.    I thought the
H3BO2 might be good, but it's not a good electrolyte (in-fact it's not
conductive at all).  At first I tried that with aluminum cathode with the
idea that since boron is in the same column on the periodic table as Al,
that B might break of and embed into the Aluminum, where it might be a
better chance to encounter a H ion.   That didn't work so I tried mixing
Borax and Boric Acid in-solution.  That actually seemed to help. The
amperage increased, as well as temp.   That was with 11V dc, at 1 to 1.24
ams.   The temp on a 100ml flask reached 69+C and required frequent
refreshes of water until it just started declining the next day. That was
Ni+ Cu- electrodes.

I also wanted to try titanium since Steve Jones was using that.and it
absorbed hydrogen very well.   I just never got around to that series, and
I was already puzzled enough with the Nickel results.

Good luck with your experiments.

Best Regards,
Chuck
---------