On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Gigi DiMarco <[email protected]> wrote:

Since WLT forms the basis of a number of experimental approaches to LENR's
> (including Brillouin and NASA) maybe it's wise to read and try to
> understand the paper.
>

I wonder about this.  I suspect that people are just relying on Widom and
Larsen to rationalize (maybe to themselves) the existence of an effect that
is difficult to contemplate if Coulomb repulsion is in any way involved.
 Widom and Larsen talk about neutrons, which are comprehensible to
hobbyists (like me) and non-physicists.  But there are many difficulties
that Widom and Larsen do not appear to even seek to address.  One of them
is the absence of neutron-emitting radioisotopes after a reaction.  Another
is that in order to generate the observed power, you would expect many more
of the hypothesized ultra-low momentum neutrons to thermalize and escape
from the system, which is not something that is seen.

I suspect that W&L is being used as a placeholder by some until something
comes along that is comprehensible to physicists.  I would not be surprised
if that replacement ended up looking a lot like known physics, with a small
twist here and there.  For this reason, I see not even the smallest
consequences in the definitive disproving of W&L.

Eric

Reply via email to