Quoting Clark:

> Works of art would be cherished because they were
> beautiful, not because they were rare.

FWIW, here's a book cover illustration presenting one of my art works
used for the front cover of the German translation of Clarke's
"Profiles of the Future".

http://svjart.orionworks.com/publication-list.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Second to the last item:

"Arthur C. Clarke PROFILE DER ZUKUNFT".

(Website still under re-construction.)

Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have a larger graphic image of
the original art.

I believe the German translation was published back in the mid 1980s.

I hope Douglas Adams and Clarke are enjoying a couple of good knee
slappers right now - just between the two of them - and especially
because of the fact that they were both atheists in good standing.

---
Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com