Celani have interesting table showing progress in COP, density and power.

in fact the most important parameter is S/N for science, and density for
industrial applications. But good S/N is easier with high COP and high
power (easier to spot and identify an elephant in a living room, than a
mouse in a barn).

http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1433866/?ln=fr