From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:New paper by Storms and Scanlan

Ed published this description of the paper at CMNS:

I'm making a prepublication copy of a new paper available for your information
and comment - sort of a universal peer
review.(http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEnatureofen.pdf) It has been
submitted to JCMNS. Unfortunately it is too big for Google to accept.
Consequently, you have to go to LENR.org to download it. the paper is "Nature
of energetic radiation emitted from a metal exposed to H2" by Storms and
Scanlan. Perhaps other people can be encouraged to use this approach when they
submit papers for publication.

This is an important paper because it uses radiation measurements to identify
when LENR occurs rather than energy production. Because such radiation can only
result from a nuclear reaction and its measurement can detect a nuclear
reaction at a much lower rate than is possible by measuring energy production,
radiation provides an excellent tool for studying the LENR process.  Of course,
heat is being produced but a much larger sample would be required for its
detection.

The LENR process was initiated using a method based on the theory that I
published recently. This is the first example of using a theory to produce a
predicted result using a predicted method.  We found that when several
materials are subjected to conditions expected and found to produce voids, and
then exposed to H2, a source of radiation results that is consistent with the
radiation reported by previous workers. In addition, this radiation has strange
effects on other materials, which is a new discovery.

We are making these results available at an early stage in our studies to alert
people to the possible benefit of observing radiation. I expect many questions
and objections will result.  Nevertheless, people need to be encouraged to
duplicate the work to determine if it is correct or not.

I'm in the process of determining the exact treatment required to make the
effect occur every time.  Although I produced 4 samples that work, many did
not. I now know the reason.  This method is ok  as a way to study the effect
but it is not useful to scale up to produce a commercial source of energy.
However, it gives support to my theory and provides a good method to
demonstrate LENR. The nature of the radiation also provides useful insight into
the mechanism.

Your comments would be welcome.